Thursday, March 8, 2007

Reflection 1

As I read the first chapter of "100 Years of Solitude" I can tell the story is going to be unrealistic and weird. This usually means it is going to be an interesting book, but it feels kind of slow, I get this feeling that time going to play a major part. But besides that the book is not that bad. However, I do have a complaint with the many characters being named Jose. It would be easier to follow if they just said the person's full name, like José Arcadio Buendía or José Arcadio II, instead of saying just Jose. Another complaint, why is José Arcadio Buendía such a wuss? He never tries to stand up against Úrsula, maybe it's because Macondo is lead by the women of the village? I also think that suit of armor and ship will be something of importance in later chapters. Right now, I hope the book speeds up and becomes really intriguing.

No comments: